Shenandoah, Virginia

The Exhibit Of The U.S.S. Shenandoah IV (AD-26) Within The Military Room Of The “Town of Shenandoah Welcome Center and Museum”

Within the Town of Shenandoah Welcome Center and Museum, that is located within a former mill on First Street, is an exhibit about the U.S.S. Shenandoah IV (AD 26) within the military room.

A painting of the four United States Navy U.S.S. Shenandoah vessels that once hung inside of the U.S.S. Shenandoah IV (AD-26).

Author’s Note:

While the United States Navy had four vessels named U.S.S. Shenandoah, during the course of the “War Between the States” the Confederacy commissioned the shipbuilders “Alexander Stephen and Sons” to construct the C.S.S. Shenandoah. On August 17th, 1863, the C.S.S. Shenandoah was launched from a shipyard in Glasgow, Scotland to Confederate service.