The World Trade Center of Baltimore was constructed in 1977, along Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, and is the worlds tallest pentagonal shaped building in the world.
Steel from the original Twin Towers of the New York World Trade Center, which part of a complex of seven buildings that were built in 1973 and were destroyed by the September 11th 2001 terrorist attack in New York City, are in front of the World Trade Center of Baltimore. The World Trade Center of Baltimore is a satellite building of the World Trade Center complex of New York that were destroyed in 2001 and rebuilt from 2006 to 2014 as the One World Trade Center.
The 11th story of the building hosts the “Top Of The World” observation deck which has a variety of historical markers describing the different sections of the city
One of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, Charles Carroll III, who also went by Charles Carroll of Carrolton, laid the cornerstone of the Phoenix Shot Tower, which is also referred to as the Old Baltimore Shot Tower. When the construction of the Phoenix Shot Tower was completed is 234.25 feet tall and it was the tallest structure built in the United States at the time. In present day, the Phoenix Shot Tower May be seen from the World Trade Center Baltimore building.
Charles Carroll III died in 1832 and was the last surviving signer of the Declaration of Independence.