In the 1800s, the Dominguez Rancho Adobe was built.
From October 8th to the 9th 1846, the adobe became the site of the Battle of Dominque Ranch, also known as the Battle of the Old Woman’s Gun and the Battle of Dominguez Hills, during the beginning of the Mexican-American War.
The adobe survived the battle and has several structures, such as the carriage house.
On June 7, 1922, oil was discovered within the land around the adobe. Oil mining occurred for several years.
In present day the adobe serves as a Dominiquez Rancho Adobe Museum.