The former courthouse of Genoa, Nevada serves as a museum of Genoa County.
A historical plague, directly in front of the front door of the former courthouse, is dedicated to the former Pony Express station.
The musuem dedicated a portion of its exhibits to the various emigrants who traveled to the west coast from the Midwest and the east coast from 1841 to 1869.
On June 28, 1910, a fire broke out at the Poor Man’s House in Genoa. The fire destroyed various historical buildings, including the original Mormon settlement building that was constructed in 1851.