In 1930, the Rosicrucian Oriental Museum opened to the public, in a building facing Naglee Avenue in San Jose, California, with a variety of exhibits on ancient Egyptian artifacts.
In 1966, the Rosicrucian Oriental Museum was moved from its original location to a larger facility, with an outdoor gardens, located at 1660 Park Avenue San Jose, California. The museum would be renamed to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum And Planetarium.
The musuem hosts one of seven existing statues of Cleopatra VII, a former Egyptian Queen, that exist in the world.
The outdoor section of the museum hosts an elaborate set of outdoor building art, sculptures and gardens.
A replica of the obelisk at the House of the Sun, in Heliopolis, Egypt, the Biblical city of On, is within the gardens.
Another statue dedicated to Pythagoras, whom is looking upwards to the sky, is in the gardens.