On September 6, 1955, the Flint Hill Elementary School opened it’s doors to students and consisted of ten rooms. The name Flint Hill comes from the town that Oakton, Virginia used to be named. Flint was a type of quartz that Native Americans used for hunting arrows.
In 1977, Flint Hill Elementary expanded its jurisdiction to include part of Oakton, Virginia.
The author Philip Andrew Hamilton, and his three brothers and three sisters, went to elementary school at Flint Hill.