The town of Calico was established in 1881 after a silver mine and a camp for the miners was built at the site.
Lucy Bell Lane, was the longest term resident, at the former silver mining town.
The town had various buildings kept in tact, including the photo shop building.
After the silver mine closed Calico was abandoned and turned into a “ghost town”.
Philip Hamilton visited the town of Calico in November 2017.