The Mission Adobe for the Santa Cruz Mission, also known as the Misión la Exaltacion de la Santa Cruz, was built from 1795 to 1793 and the structure is the oldest building in Santa Cruz County.
The mission building has exhibits on the Olhone natives that helped construct the building.
The natives constructed the adobes and the mission building.
After the Santa Cruz Mission became the first to be secularized, the adobe buildings transferred ownership to many business owners.
The Mission Adobe went through a period of abandonment before becoming a California State Park.